Sunday, December 4, 2011

Whew!


Finally, after two weeks of pure insanity I'm able to get back on track. Thanksgiving came and went and my husband and I got this terrible cold from my cousin Casey. Thanks a lot Casey! Maybe next time I'll think before I give any relatives hugs around the holidays. We're just now recovering after 7 days. Ugh!

Unfortunately, I have accomplished absolutely NOTHING as far as my first project is concerned. The only thing I have done is bought my fabric. I guess that's really all I need! However, I did have a great experience at the fabric store. All the employees were really excited about me learning how to sew an apron and they loved my old vintage 1950s pattern. I even learned how to figure out much fabric I need by looking at the pattern. Before, I couldn't figure it out because there were about four different options and it didn't really make sense to me. Now I understand. Yay!

Anyway, check out the pictures of my old 50s pattern and the fabric I bought. I think the fabric will complement the pattern quite well. I'll be going to Grandma's house sometime in the next week to learn how to do this.

Stay tuned for the end results!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment